JETvarnish 3D Web
The JETvarnish 3D Web is designed for both 2D (flat)/3D Embossed Spot Coating over flexo, offset or digital web-fed printed output. Hot Foiling can be added with glamorous metallic and colored foils to embellish label designs. A digitally finished label by the MGI solution provides eye-catching sensory enhancements and dramatic tactile sensations that brand owners are looking for to distinguish their products in the marketplace.
The JETvarnish 3D Web also has an inline flexo station that applies a pre-coating treatment to label substrates not originally planned for inkjet processing. This elegant, flexible solution offers a great compatibility advantage to label printers who use a diverse range of printing technology (digital, offset or flexo).
The JETvarnish 3D Web gives extra added-value and sensory dimensional textures to printed label output. The 100% digital technology provides quick prototyping, short run customization flexibility and the ability to use variable data for personalizing text & graphics on every piece produced.
|Printing Speed||• Up to 42m/mn (137ft/mn) in 2D |
• and up to 20m/mn (65ft/mn) in 3D
Depending on application
|Supported Web Widths||From 100 mm (3.93‘‘) up to 420 mm / 16.53‘‘|
|Substrates Types||From 50 to 400 microns (µm)|
• Coated, uncoated and textured paper
• White or transparent synthetics, PP, PE, POPP, PET
• Folding carton/light cardboard for packaging
|Registration||The JETvarnish 3DW is using a built-in revolutionary registration system. It is using a SmartScanner coupled with Artificial Intelligence (AIS) to free up the operator from makeready duties. No crop mark required and real-time fully automated sheet-to-sheet registration process.|
|Unwinder||• Maximum roll diameter capacity: 850 mm / 33.4’’|
• Standard inside core diameter: 3 inches
• Maximum roll weight: ±120 kg / 264 lbs
|Flexo Station||- optional -|
An integrated flexo station for full size sleeve coating in rotary. This station is used to apply a UV primer coat prior to finishing. The module comes with UV dryer.
The station is equipped with an anilox cylinder. Additional anilox cylinders are available as upgrade options. A servo option is available for UV spot coating and roll stop synchronization between labels.
|Spot UV and embossing Station||This station uses MGI award-winning inkjet technology for producing Spot UV Coating. Any defined label area can receive Spot UV Coating with or without raised 3D texture effects.|
A simple grey level TIF file designed by Prepress controls the surface area and the thickness of the varnish applied over the printed roll. This 100% Digital process eliminates traditional plates, screens and dies.
From 3 to 200 µm of varnish thickness (from 2D flat coats to 3D raised effects).
The unit is equipped with UV dryer and a cooling drum for optimum web temperature control. The curing sequence also includes a special forward and backward roll motion to dry each label and eliminate waste between runs.
Gloss varnish @ 99 GU.
|Hot Foiling Station||- optional -|
• The hot foiling station adds luxurious effects and brand value to label and packaging products. Any defined label area can receive digitally-controlled foil with or without raised effects.
A simple grey level TIF file designed by Prepress controls the surface area of the foil applied
on the printed roll. This 100% Digital process eliminates traditional dies, plates and screens.
Foil application can be bypassed when not necessary.
• Foil rolls
Foils are delivered on rolls:
- Foil widths from 100 mm/3.9‘‘ to 420 mm/16.5 ‘‘
- Foil roll core diameter: 1’’ and 3’’
- Foil lengths from 400 m / 1,310 ft to 2,000 m / 6,500 ft
- Available market foils (including metallic tones, holographic and multiple colors)
- Optimized foil consumption system
- Up to 3 simultaneous foil rolls on the same axis for applying up to 3 simultaneous colored foils
• 850 mm/33.4’’ maximum roll diameter capacity
• Standard inside core diameter: 3 inches
• Maximum roll weight: ± 120 kg/264 lbs
|Options||• Optical Quality Control & Inspection|
• Corona substrate treatment module
• Web cleaning module
• Spot UV flexo station
|Variable Data||• Manage and edit files on the workstation|
• Full variable data (text, graphic, image) for both 2D/3D
Spot Coating and Hot Foiling areas
• Integrated barcode reader system & controller for
Variable Data Finishing (VDF)
|Dimensions & Weight||10.63 x 1.58 x 1.81 m (L x w x h)|
34.88 x 5.18 x 5.91 ft
Weight: ± 3,100 kg / 6,834 lbs
|Technical Requirements||Web transport: 400V - 3Ph + N + PE - 32A|
UV and IR Dryers: 400V - 3Ph + N - 63A
JETvarnish 3DW: 230V - 1Ph + N + E - 32A 24h/24h
Water Cooling: 230V - 1Ph + N + E - 32A
iFOIL W: 2 x (230V - 1Ph + N + E - 32A)
Dry air compressor (oil-less): 7 bar / 102 psi - 24m3/h /14 cfm
|Printing Press Compatibility List||Narrow Web Printing Presses|
- Konica Minolta C71cf
- HP Indigo WS4500
- HP Indigo WS6800
All manufacturers and technologies : UV, H2O or WATERLESS
All manufacturers and technologies : UV or Water base
|English||MGI JETvarnish 3DW (May 10th, 2016)|
|French||MGI JETvarnish 3DW (May 10th, 2016)|
Self Adhesive Labels - GOLD
Self adhesive label using digital hot foiling and embossing.
Self Adhesive Labels - SILVER
Self adhesive label using silver foil and 3D effect (75 microns).